Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join the team based in Hinxton, Cambridge. You will be on a full time permanent contract with a competitive salary of between £45,000 - £50,000 depending on skills and experience.
Our client is a world leading developer of genome-based discovery and diagnostic technologies, providing their Sapientia clinical decision software platform to UK NHS Regional Genetics Services and clinical, research and commercial customers nationally and internationally. They are also a clinical interpretation partner for the UK100K Genomes Project working with Genomics England. Our client’s main office is located at the Wellcome Genome Campus, with the Sanger Institute and the EBI. The entire Campus covers an area of 125 acres and provides those working there with a beautiful environment to enjoy.
Our client are looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer with a passion for automation to take ownership of cloud architecture and continue to improve DevOps within the company, enabling quicker and efficient delivery of high quality software.
Main Responsibilities of their Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
- Implementing and managing continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS.
- Implementing and managing solutions to improve the deployment and maintenance of highly available and scalable SaaS applications on the AWS platform.
- Implementing, managing and maintaining process automation tools.
- Implementing and managing automated monitoring systems on AWS
Essential skills required to become their Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Programming/Systems, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Significant skill in deployment automation / configuration management / infrastructure as code: using one of Ansible, Chef, Puppet, AWS CloudFormation
- Significant skill in defining and leading monitoring of IaaS platforms and SaaS applications (utilising available APIs)
- Significant knowledge of Linux/Unix operating system administration and one or more scripting languages (e.g. bash, perl, python).
- Ability to administer and lead advancements in continuous integration, preferably using Hudson/Jenkins
- Knowledge of best practices surrounding cloud infrastructure, taking into account security, networking and performance considerations
- Experience with relevant automation tools: E.g. Ansible, Vagrant, Terraform, Puppet, Hudson/Jenkins or similar
- Experience with AWS services: CloudFormation, ECS, Route 53, S3, ELB, RDS
- Experience of working in an Agile environment in a similar role
- Familiarity with penetration testing and intrusion detection systems
- Experience of addressing scaling challenges in a cloud infrastructure environment
Benefits of working for them include
- 25 days of annual holiday
- Pension through Royal London with 6% company match
- Optional private healthcare coverage through AXA PPP, with the ability to add family members. The company pays the annual premium for the employee, but the employee is responsible for the full cost additional family members
- Income protection benefits Life insurance at 4 times salary (lump sum payment)
- Subsidised gym membership on site at the Sanger Institute
- Free parking
- Flexible working schedule (ability to work from home as needed)
Shortlisting to begin week commencing 06/03/17.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Cloud Infrastructure Engineer then please click ‘apply’ now! They’d love to hear from you!