Field Service Engineer, UK, Europe & International
Field Service Engineer, UK, Europe & International, £30k - £36k plus car & benefits:
An outstanding opportunity has arisen within a global high-tech instrumentation manufacturer for technical hands on Field Service Engineer to join their talented team of field service engineers. If you enjoy travelling within Europe and like technical scenario's to troubleshoot during installations, breakdowns and warranty issues, this is the role for you.You will be based from home, traveling across the UK, Europe and the rest of the world servicing customers. A company car and credit will be part of the package to ensure that you are able to travel anywhere in the world.
The Field Service Engineer responsibilities will include:
- Respond quickly to emergency breakdowns, warranty issues and service contract work
- Carry out test, installation and commissioning of equipment including operation and maintenance training, leading to system acceptance
- Be prepared for extensive European travel, but potentially on a world-wide basis
- Liaise with the Sales and Marketing team to feedback information
- Authorise system 'buy-off' prior to shipment either with or in the absence of the customer
- Help to maintain an accurate record of the status of the system, timing of warranty, parts supplied, service contracts and failures so that trends can be analysed
- Keep up-to-date all relevant enquiry and project files on any significant information
- Support Customer acceptance visits as identified by Team Leader. Provide a point of contact within the team during the visit
- HNC/HND in Engineering or equivalent experience is essential, a degree is desirable
- Ideally you will have served an apprenticeship
- Driving licence is essential
- Ability to work independently
- Substantial relevant work experience and training
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Plasma processes is desirable
- Previous experience within a Customer Support Engineer or Field Service Engineer role
If you love European and International travel and have previously supported customers in a Field Service Engineer capacity then we'd like to hear from you.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).