Location: South West London
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 depending upon experience
A rapidly expanding international software company has a superb opportunity for an experienced, technically competent Support Manager to take responsibility for the timely delivery of software implementation services and technical support for its external clients.
You must have experience of creating support plans, managing and prioritising support calls, enhancing processes and promoting best practice for support and product implementation. This role is ideally suited to someone who is happy to be hands-on, as well as managing a small team of IT installation and support staff. The selected candidate must have a problem solving ‘can-do’ attitude, with an ability to motivate the team, be committed to developing strategy for the continuous improvement of support desk processes and procedures and work to achieve a strategy promoting best practice in other overseas territories.
The appropriate candidate must have at least 3 years’ experience of managing third party product help desks (and 5 – 10 years of help desk experience) with excellent verbal and communication skills, the ability to understand client drivers and proactively manage a team to deliver excellent customer service.
Responsibilities of the Support Manager:
- Managing the Support Team to deliver an excellent customer experience, ensuring that calls are appropriately prioritised, actioned and closed off in line with client service level agreements
- Ensuring the CRM is utilised to document and manage client support calls
- Overseeing the client portal administration in relation to support calls
- Continually working to improve internal systems and processes
- A solid understanding of IT systems and infrastructure
- Excellent time management, organisaitional, communication and presentation skills
- Strong client facing skills in addition to excellent telephone manner and written / documentation skills
- Strong team mentoring and management skills
- A knowledge of the facilities management discipline and emerging technologies
- Knowledge of database products (SQL Server) and hand-on experience of supporting .NET and SQL based applications
- Working collaboratively with other departments collating information centrally to provide a cohesive summary of the client status and at any time
- A contributory and proactive management style who makes sound commercial decisions and proactively contributes to management meetings
- The ability to work flexible hours and go the extra mile to ensure customer support excellence
- Ability to assess problems quickly and provide excellent support to helpdesk queries from clients
- Managing the team’s reporting of internal bug reporting/change request escalations
- Ability to interpret and understand client issues both from a technical and user/operational perspective
If you have the relevant experience and are seeking a challenging, but rewarding role please apply with your CV and a covering letter
On your covering letter please briefly indicate your salary requirements and why you feel that you are suited to this role.
Only candidates with a valid UK residency / work permit will be considered at this time
No recruitment agencies – thank you.