National Account Manager - Vehicle Rental
National Account Manager - Vehicle Rental Company- Birmingham- Salary £35k - £45k -Company Car- Commission/Bonus- Pension and Healthcare
The company is the leading provider of B2B vehicle rental in the UK via their network which is made up of over 200 vehicle rental suppliers. They also provide software, fleet and rental management services to our clients.
They are an innovative, growing, technology-led business that manages their clients’ rental via IRIS, their rental management software, delivering service excellence through their system capabilities and expertise. They provide their clients with access to over 500,000 rental vehicles across more than 2,000 rental locations in the UK.
They are a private equity backed business, operating in a fast-growth environment
They are after a solid relationship manager who can extract new opportunities and build strong rapport with their existing customer portfolio. They must be based in the Midlands (Coventry / Birmingham as the central point) as this is a field based role..
The National Account Manager will maintain and develop existing client relationships, grow sales and raise brand awareness for clients. This role is an extremely important function within the Sales team, focusing on the development of our client base and communicating with the customer at the cutting edge; in effect the "ambassador" for the company.
Playing an integral part of the account management team, basic skills such as drive, enthusiasm and the desire to succeed are a necessity to the role. The ability to self-motivate is also critical, as well as being able to work as part of a team. You will be targeted on maintaining and increasing revenue across your customer base as well as ensuring all customers receive a "Gold Standard" account management experience.
Client Facing Duties
- Generate high level of customer satisfaction through timely responses to customer needs, deliver great service and provide prompt and reliable follow-up to customer requests
- Develop the trading and interpersonal relationships with the account base to deliver company goals for sales and profit
- Conduct timely and targeted visits and sales calls to customers and prospects to create and maximise continuous and profitable revenue
- Manage and develop effective working relationships at all levels and relevant functions within the major accounts, ensuring senior Nexus team members are also connected to key individuals
- Negotiate trading terms in line with contractual agreements
- To be the principle point of contact internally and externally
- Build great internal stakeholder relationships to enable a smooth service delivery for each client
- Management of annual sales target and margin for the account portfolio
- Analysis of sales data, including customer data to track trends in performance and provide input into revenue forecast
- Provide regular feedback on competitor activity in the marketplace and within the customer base in order to maintain and grow our market share
- Ensure the CRM system is used to capture all customer activity including calls, meetings, risks, opportunities and threats
- Create account development plans for all major accounts and prospects, follow through on that plan to ensure revenue delivery achieves target
Background and experience
This role requires an individual who has:
Gained experience within a similar account management role ideally in the rental, automotive or business travel sector
As it’s a senior level role so 3-5 year’s experience is a minimum requirement
Field-based account, Vehicle Rental experience, account management and sales