This is an opportunity for an exceptional individual, with a minimum of 2 years Systems Administration experience, to join an award winning digital marketing and communications agency. Based in our modern Coventry office, you will be the main support for an agency delivering state-of-the-art website design and development, digital marketing, communications and event solutions.
With a high profile client list, we have designed, managed and delivered projects on both a national and international scale across the private, public and voluntary sectors. You will be helping to take projects forward in a friendly, fast-paced and innovative environment. You will be working closely with a small, energetic and sociable team who have a passion for all things digital and demonstrate a commitment to putting user experience and customer satisfaction at the heart of every process.
Duties and responsibilities
• Managing the office Windows infrastructure - using Active Directory to create users, Group Policy to provide users with services and security, securely managing shares to allow users to access files, setting up VPN access, creating Exchange mailboxes.
• Managing the office hardware environment - configuring new computers, installing software, fixing printers, building networks.
• Managing and monitoring backups of all of the computers using Symantec Backup Exec.
• Providing development support and environments to the Bit10 creative team - configuring websites in IIS, creating SQL Server databases and managing the server environment need for development.
• Establishing UAT environments where customers can test their new websites - you will be migrating the development to the UAT servers, setting up a secure environment to allow customers access.
• Establishing Live environments - you will be migrating UAT sites to live servers, liaising with customers, setting up backups for the new applications.
• Building both bare-metal and virtualised Windows servers for development, uat and production needs in the Bit10 office, various data centres and sometimes in customer-managed server pools.
• Creating Azure environments and services to support development and production needs.
• Managing various virtualised servers using Hyper-V and XenServer.
• Managing DNS hosting using Linux-based servers.
• Managing and monitoring Linux-based email servers.
Essential Technical Skills
• A minimum of 2 years Systems Administration experience.
• Networking & Network Security (Firewalls, VPNs, Switches, Routers, DNS, DHCP).
• Experience of supporting and maintaining Windows Servers.
• Microsoft/Windows OS.
• Good knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy.
• An excellent understanding of Windows environments - Windows server versions, Windows desktop versions, Networking, IIS, SQL Server.
• Standard TCP/IP protocols: HTTP/FTP/SSH/DNS/TFTP.
• Strong background of providing 1st, 2nd, 3rd line support.
• Understanding of capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning.
• You will also be a people person and be highly organised with the ability to juggle many tasks and projects at any time.
• Analytical and logical approach to problem solving.
• Excellent trouble shooting skills.
• Takes ownership of a task or problem.
• Self-motivated with a high level of drive and initiative.
• Systems Administration/System Engineer certification desirable.
• Vyatta / VYOS firewall knowledge.
• Linux Administration experience.
• Virtualisation: Hyper-V, XenServer.
• Office 365, Sharepoint configuration and deployment.
• Report building and administration in SQL and SAGE (should have SQL, will learn SAGE).
• Mobile Management (administering remote assets).
• Experience managing an assets register.
• Technically related Degree.
• SQL Server or other relational database management experience.
Coventry, West Midlands
• Competitive Salary.
• Contributory Pension Scheme.
• Non-Contributory BUPA Healthcare (after a qualifying period).
• Learning and Development
• Career Progression