Health & Safety Consultant
Working from Birmingham and covering the Midlands as part of a National team, the Health & Safety Consultant will be responsible for conducting and reviewing Health & Safety across the Midlands to a number of clients predominantly in the Education sector.
This role is for an established and rapidly growing Property Consultancy who take pride in the pro active, energetic and engaging way that they work with their clients in order to deliver an outstanding service.
The Health & Safety Consultant will play an integral part in delivering excellent service to clients and as such will share my client's passion for truly excellent standards of service.
The SHEQ Manager will be part of a team of that are tasked with developing and implementing my client's SHEQ policy and processes. They will champion best practice standards and support their clients at a local level to implement initiatives and drive change. They will be involved in cradle to grave projects such as builds and demolitions at many of their clients sites and as such will need a good background in CDM.
The current SHEQ policy and procedure will be constantly evolved to to support best practice and will involve review of policies, procedures, risk assessments and safe systems of work. Guidance and support will be provided to the clients as well as investigations and prevention of accidents at work.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support completion of all relevant accreditations (ROSPA, 18001, 14001, 9001 etc)
- Support builds and demolitions with through CDM
- To monitor and analyse performance against industry standards
- Keep the company and clients abreast of best practice through robust internal communications
- Builds robust relationships from afar
The Health & Safety Consultant will evidence the following:
- Qualified to at least NEBOSH level or equivalent
- Management experience in SHEQ
- Excellent knowledge of CDM
- A background in Facilities Management/Property Services would be advantageous
- Track record in conducting audits with fire risk awareness and L8 desirable
- Able to work autonomously across a large geography with some overnight stays
- Ideally based in the Birmingham area and able to cover the Midlands region
In return for the above, my client is offering a basic salary of £40000 +£5000 car allowance and mileage