Systems Engineer (SI/NI Support)
IIJ Europe Limited is an IT support and consulting services provider in the City of London. Most of our customers are Japanese firms situated in UK and European countries. We are now looking for full-time Systems engineer.
Overall Purpose of the Role
- Responsible to provide quality engineering services for onsite / remote day-to-day support working as a team with our partners’ IT staff, supporting a large Pan-European multi-branch client.
- Combines a strong & clear commitment to customer satisfaction with a desire to progress one’s technical skills.
- To assist all engineers, project manager and other members.
- Produce and submit task/test script, service report & other such documents in timely manner.
- Main Duties and Responsibilities
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Service Desk and On-site Service.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line external customer support as well as internal IT user support as part Service Desk Operation.
- Raise, update, and close calls on service desk call management system.
- Resolve or escalate problems and service requests.
- Provide accurate and timely diagnosis and rectification of customer faults.
- Work proactively to ensure prompt resolution of support cases and the highest possible levels of customer satisfaction.
- Provide regular check-up and/or on-site maintenance works for IIJ Service environment.
- Understand customer's IT policy and do not advise users against the policy
System maintenance services
- Maintain customer systems in regular and/or on demand basis.
- Present at customer’s office in regular and/or on demand basis.
- Maintain support related documents (e.g. Site manual, Asset List, User Manual, etc.).
- Maintain licenses and run inventory regularly.
- 1 year or more experience in IT infrastructure industry
- Good communication skill with clients or end users
- Good team player
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point)
- Cisco switch & router hands-on
- Juniper SSG/SSL-VPN hands-on
- VMware vSphere hands-on
- MCTS Windows 7(and/or 8) & MCTS Windows Server 2008 (and/or 2012)
- Experience with Windows services: AD, DHCP, DNS, GPO, Pinter queues, Shared folders
- WAN/LAN network troubleshooting
- Product knowledge for BackupExec, ARCserve, MDT, SCCM, SEP operation
- Operating system knowledge Windows 7, Windows 2003 R2, Windows 2008 R2
- Cisco CCNA