Platform Engineer, DevOps, Progress, OpenEdge
Platform Administrator, DevOps, Systems Administrator, Engineer
AWS, Amazon, Cloud, Progress, OpenEdge, Linux, Windows, Shell Scripting, Python, Bash, Continuous Integration / CI
Broadcast, Media, VoD, MAM, Media Asset Management
EXCLUSIVE VACANCY TO RED SKY
Our client is a global Broadcast, Media and Tech company and are highly regarded in the industry for innovation and quality.
This is no ordinary Systems Engineer / DevOps role……. They have created this new brand new role of Platform / System Administrator position within a team developing a new Cloud based Next Gen Content Discovery solution.
As an active member of the team, you will be assisting with the implementation of this new content discovery platform carrying out system administration and related duties in support of the ongoing design, development and delivery of this cloud-based, large scale, next generation platforms.
You will contribute and further develop expertise in AWS, Linux, Windows, database and general infrastructure administration, particularly focused on enabling continuous delivery of the platforms under development.
Reporting into the Head of Operations, you will be working closely with the Architects, Progress Developers and other technical & non-technical staff as well as key stakeholders.
- Deploy and update a number of pre-production environments for a variety of platforms under development as required
- Deploy and configure clusters and tenants in AWS based on business rules including data ingest, modules, rules and Quality of Service (QoS)/Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Perform API (tenant), cluster, OS, VM and hardware level monitoring using defined tools
- Perform technical and operational administration of the pre-production platforms in support of various development and proof-of-concept activities
- Engage with wider infrastructure, delivery and operations teams both in support of non-production environments as necessary, and as part of delivery of platforms to production
- Contribute to the design, implementation and continuous evolution of software delivery tooling, continuous integration pipeline, etc, and associated processes
- Keep up to date on emerging cloud and software delivery best practices and methodologies and implementing these as appropriate
- Recognise the benefits of infrastructure-as-code, "executable" design documents, and so on; using APIs and systems such as AWS Cloud Formation rather than manual steps, to achieve repeatable results from the start
- Progress OpenEdge experience
- Shell scripting, Python, Bash
- Amazon Web Services, including in particular:
- Cloud Formation - VPC, EC2, S3 / Glacier, IAM, RDS
- Linux (Debian preferable)
- Tomcat and/or JBOSS
- SQL, Cassandra and Mongo based databases
- Federated identity systems such as ADFS
- Continuous Integration/Delivery tooling such as Jenkins
- Windows, including .net and IIS
- You should be comfortable working mostly on the command line, and using automated approaches to perform routine tasks
- Ability to develop tools and scripts in, for example, Pearl, Python, Go or an equivalent language
- An understanding and appreciation of Agile software development methodologies
- Experience of working with software development and QA teams and how the cloud can be used to improve the dev/test cycle