A global ICT Services group consisting of several brands in 18 countries across Europe, Asia Pacific & Latin America with an extensive history that extends over 125 years. It has a complete portfolio of integrated ICT services for the large enterprise, SMB and public sector markets. This includes Workspace, Applications, Communication, Data Centre, Cloud, Consulting, Product and Managed Services.
We offer a unique model that provides customers with a consistent IT service throughout the world, with one single point of contact and billing entity, delivering services to 90 countries. This is ranked number 3 globally according to Managed/Maintained End-user Devices with a total of 7.4M assets.
The Incident Planner (IP) is accountable for assessing the relative risk and impact of proposed solutions for all field incidents logged. The main purpose of the role is to coordinate all the resources required to supply a First Time Fix (FTF), within SLA to the customer. With assistance, as required, from more senior level Remote Technical Specialists (RTS), Team Leaders, or Key Account Representatives (KAR), the IP selects the most appropriate action to service the customer’s call.
Manage all resources, across all areas, needed to own and resolve a customer’s problem within SLA including:
- Identify and manage third party suppliers, providing control and follow-up for the resolution activities, and, as appropriate, personally solving the customer’s problem by dispatching the correctly skilled engineer, with the right tools/parts to site.
- Assess the risks, business impact and technical resource impact of the solution alternatives and decide which solution to implement.
- Provide feedback to the RTS or update the knowledge database with any information that could be useful for future calls.
- Use available systems tools to assess data and facilitate the delivery of the part to the correct location, based around geographical locations, costs and SLA.
- Identify patterns, provide feedback, and make suggestions for process, product, system, tool, and organisational improvements
- Once planned manage Field engineers workload through to completion.
- Document, verify and make appropriate corrections to the incident record and customer profile.
- Follow all processes relating to the role, and ensure that all escalation paths are met.
- Ability to identify customer problems in a clear and concise manner and identify relevant issues and answer questions and concerns
- Use negotiation skills with customers (internal or external) or their agents to facilitate the correct planning of a call.
- Maintain level of patience to assure resolution of issues and assure customer satisfaction.
- Professionalism by continually maintaining a positive attitude and communication style even in critical or stressful customer situations
- Effective listening
Problem Solving Skills and Technical Skills
- Identify and isolate problems with dispatch and logistics.
- Use tools available within the centre to facilitate accurate dispatch.
- Manage multiple tasks at any one time and demonstrate the ability for planning.
- Identify and recommend solutions
- Recognize appropriate level of expertise to resolve customer problems
- Escalate problems as required
- Logical thought processes
If the Incident Planner role sounds of interest and you would like to learn more about the opportunity, please apply for future information.