Datacenter and Desktop Support Engineer
My client provides information technology services to its customers around the world. Which include integrated solutions that include business process outsourcing, infrastructure technology, and application services. The application services offered by the company includes application development as well as applications maintenance and support services. The markets served by the company are financial services & insurance, healthcare, manufacturing, government, transportation, communications, and consumer & retail industries.
We require a Datacenter and Desktop Support Engineer.
- Day-to-day health check and monitor datacenter
- Rack & stack server, network devices and large storage devices.
- Data center patch cabling
- Data center related Project work handling & coordination
- Recommend and implement best practices for data center operations.
- Basic hardware understanding on HP servers, IBM Servers, HP & Netapp storages, HP backup devices, cisco networking devices
- Backup tape rotation handling
- Provide assistance to remote server team on Server OS and server hardware
- Install, troubleshoot and repair desktop/laptop issues (both hardware/ software)
- Install Standard SOE Image on Desktops and Laptops.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot standard applications (MS office, Adobe, etc.)
- Configure and troubleshoot Smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices
- Basic troubleshooting of Data network/ Telephony devices/ Projectors/ Meeting room facilitation.
- Basic troubleshooting of LAN/ WAN/ Backup-restore/Printers
- Should provide remote assistance to branch office technician for troubleshooting end user computing related issues
- Provide technical assistance and training to end users on computer operating systems and Standard applications.
- Instruct and assist end users in the use of computer equipment, software and accessories.
- Ability to Evaluate and test new technology for feasibility and implementation within IT Environment.
- Document all support activity within the IT Incident and Change Management tracking tool.
- Coordinate efforts with 3rd party vendors to repair faulty hardware.
- Customer escalation handling
- Leading the team and act as subject matter expert.
Education & Experience
- Three years diploma or any graduate
- 10+ years’ experience with minimum 4+ years of experience in medium/ large size data center operations.