Project Manager - Maintenance
Our client is a highly successful organisation within the construction industry, specialising in interior refurbishment, maintenance and fit-out of well known retail establishments.
Main Purpose of the Job:
They are now recruiting for a Project Manager, reporting directly to the Senior Contracts Manager, with the main purpose of this role to provide an effective Project Management and Coordination role within the company. You will be responsible for providing accurate surveys, generating detailed reports, providing quotations to the client and controlling on-site works ranging from £5,000 to £250,000.
The role will predominantly be based in Cambridge and necessitate numerous site visits and inspections, with the occasional need to stay away from home (all expenses covered by the company).
The role will incorporate liaison with various levels of Client management and administrative personnel and necessitate the management of direct staff and sub-contractors.
Main Tasks of Job:
- Undertake detailed Scoping surveys to various client project requests in a concise and consistent manner.
- Generate and submit detailed and accurate accounts, formulated from agreed Company schedule of rates and pricing documents as well as Ad Hoc Time and Materials costs.
- Identify, allocate and control project resource requirements.
- Manage assigned project teams incorporating the Companies own staff and nominated sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Liaise with and manage nominated sub-contractor and supplier quotation returns. Analyse and report on Project KPI criteria.
- Monitor and report on staff and contractor performance and provide feedback into senior management.
- Monitor and report on nominated sub-contractor performance criteria and ensure cost, performance and compliance levels are met.
- Accurately input and log all relevant information onto Company tracking documents and software system.
- To Prepare and maintain all required CDM documentation and formulate Construction Phase Plans.
- Programme, manage and control on-site works ensuring client specification is delivered and quality assurances are met.
- Provide regular client updates and ensure client interface and relationships are maintained to the highest of standards.
- To implement and follow Company Health and Safety requirements, ensuring that each project is carried out in a safe and professional manner.
- To communicate with management and work colleagues in ensuring that all aspects of each project are consistent and compliant.
- Prepare and submit detailed final accounts on each project.
- To manage and control project budgets ensuring that margins and profitability and maintained.
- To ensure that all required compliance with statutory regulations are met.
- Provide holiday cover and support as required to other areas of the business.
Skills and Abilities:
Excellent client relationship skills
- Good supervisory skills.
- Account Management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office packages including Microsoft Project.
- A full and clean UK driving licence.
MJ Recruitment Solutions regret that only applicants matching the job criteria will be responded to.