Buyer - Indirect
My client, a global organisation, are seeking a progressive procurement individual / Buyer to join their purchasing function in order to assist with Indirect spend.
This Indirect Buying / Buyer role will assist the already successful procurement function with ensuring value for money, risk mitigation, controlled spend as well as identifying additional cost savings.
Location - Farnborough
Salary - up to £30,000
Key Responsibilities for the position of Indirect Buyer -
* Raise and expedite purchase orders
* Negotiate favourable prices, terms and conditions with preferred suppliers
* Negotiate contracts and/or framework agreements including Service Level Agreements
* On-boarding of new suppliers as required by the business
* Conduct spend analysis
* Conduct RFI's / RFP's as required, directed and supported by the Category Manager
* Management and housekeeping of the Contracts list on the Indirect Contract database
* Perform selected supplier and contract management activities
Key knowledge and experience required for the position of Indirect Buyer-
* Ideally, at least 2 years related procurement experience
* Working towards or willingness to study towards MCIPS qualification
* Experience of scoping and writing RFI's / RFP's within the Indirect Category
* Familiarity with supplier analysis and reporting of performance metrics
* Demonstrable savings contribution within a medium/ large sized corporate organisation/s
* Strong communication skills
This Buyer role would be suitable for someone at the early stages of their procurement career, seeking a role that will offer further development and progression within a global organisation.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK