Commercial Insurance Underwriter
to £35,000+ bonus + excellent flex benefits package
Excellent opportunity to join an expanding underwriting team as they look forward to continued expansion for 2017
Underwriting new and renewal business for Commercial Combined Insurance, covering national/corporate client accounts, including for non-standard risks.
Rating, quoting and adjusting business within your own underwriting authorities, while also providing guidance and technical advice for other Underwriting team members.
Checking and issuing policy documentation.
Taking a pro-active approach with broker relationships, to maximise business opportunities.
Collating MI to contribute to effective account analysis and management.
Skills & experience required:
- 5 + years Commercial Underwriting experience, from an Insurer or MGA background; demonstrating a confident product and technical knowledge, across the major classes of Commercial Insurance risks - Property, Liability (PL, EL, Products Liability), Professional Indemnity, D & O, Business Interruption.
- Demonstrating good understanding of policy wordings and terms, rating and pricing.
- A good understanding of insurance and risk management strategies and market appetite.
- A keen sense of business acumen, and ability to build strong relationships with brokers and clients.
- CII/Dip CII or working towards.
Central town location; easy access mainline train station; good commuting links for Epsom-Dorking-Esher-Kingston-Leatherhead-Guildford-Reigate etc.