Professional Services Manager / Software Consultant Security
Professional Services Manager / Senior Software Consultant - Security Software, Delivery
A Professional Services Manager / Senior Software Consultant with experience in delivering enterprise software solutions is urgently required by a Global player in the Security Management software, based near Woking.
Contributing to the delivery of mission critical, enterprise systems in an ambitious and growing company this role will evolve into a full time Professional Services Manager position in the next 12-18 months.
You'll take the Lead position in a small Software Consulting team, initially being involved in delivering the solution to clients around the world (20-40% travel), but as the team grows you will move away from the 'hands on' delivery to complete managerial responsibilities.
Extensive product and delivery training is given on day one and due to the complexity of the role you'll be expected be able to start delivering solutions within 4-5 months.
Delivery occurs in line with Project Management Office (PMO) process and covers a number of different technical aspects;
- Interpret written requirements and technical specification documents.
- Produce solution designs for projects
- Database integrations
- FAT, SAT and user driven UAT testing
- Infrastructure / Server management
Main Managerial duties include
- Coordinate with internal and external customers as necessary
- Manage Consultants on the delivery aspects of their role, including planning of the project deliverables including task lists (work packages), time estimates and resource allocation.
- Ensure daily updates are received from consultants on activities carried out and that these are recorded appropriately
- Ensure project documentation is created, maintained, up to date and accurate.
- Ensure forecasts and targets are in line with operational and financial milestones, and participate in financial reporting
- Provide PMO with technical support and support PMO process
- Proven track record of installing and implementing a high level application suite; E.g. like Document Management, Fleet Management, EPOS or ERP.
- Strong knowledge of database architectures and methodologies, ideally Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with an OO development language (.Net, Java, C++, C #)
- Proven track record and experience of networking principles and the IP protocol
- Excellent knowledge of VM Environments
- Any experience in Physical Security Information Management (PSIM), would be beneficial: CCTV, Access Control, Perimeter Intrusion Detection, Intruder Detection, Fire, etc.
This established UK company has a track record in influencing the path for Physical Security Systems industry. With few obvious competitors, and a recent seismic shift in the market due to massive customer adoption, ambitious growth plans for 2017 are realistic and obtainable.
Package: £50-60,000 + Benefits
KV Recruitment Limited provides services as an agency and an employment business