A growing IFA practice based in Surrey has an opportunity for a Paraplanner to join their team.
The successful candidate will join a team, that collectively possess a high level of technical knowledge and qualifications and are committed to delivering a professional and transparent service to clients.
As Paraplanner , you will complete a number of non-client facing tasks involved in preparing and administrating a Financial Plan and / or Report for clients.
- Working with the partners of the firm to provide technical assistance and guidance on financial planning and wealth management scenarios for the firm’s clients.
- Liaising with the Partners and client’s to ensure the firms service commitments are met and wherever possible exceeded.
- Keep up-to-date with new product, technical or legislative changes within the marketplace.
- Comply at all times with the firm’s Compliance; Training & Competence; Complaints and Data Security policies / procedures.
- To ensure that the firm’s clients are treated fairly at all times.
- To work as part of a team alongside the firm’s advisers and administrators to provide clients with a professional ongoing Financial Planning experience.
- Mentoring junior staff and those aspiring to become a paraplanner within the firm.
- Managing the workflow of junior staff.
- The ability to research protection, pension & investment products
- The ability to undertake detailed quantitative and qualitative research on legacy products, identifying where more in depth analysis and questioning of providers is required.
- Detailed knowledge of the FSA’s rules and requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of the FSA’s and the firm’s record keeping requirements.
- The ability to present concepts and recommendations in a clear and logical format
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact directly with clients on behalf of the adviser in a professional manner.
- Excellent report writing skills with good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work as part of a team, mentoring and supporting junior and/or inexperienced team members.
- Effective time management.
- A flexible and adaptable attitude towards work is essential.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please contact Karen Halliday