Programme Director - Financial Services
Our client is a dynamic and forward thinking financial services/technology business, and an industry leader in their field. Due to continued success and expansion they are looking to recruit an experienced client facing Programme Director to join their team in London. The successful candidate will have significant financial services experience, ideally with a consulting background. Please note that our client will not consider candidates without a 1st class degree, Masters or MBA.
The Programme Director is responsible for the end-to-end management of projects to contracted time, quality, and budget requirements. The Programme Director will provide leadership to a distributed project team in multiple locations, and the proactive identification, management and resolution of risks and issues throughout the full project lifecycle. This may involve the delivery of a single large-scale project (budgets of +£10m) or multiple smaller projects.
The Programme Director role is a client-facing role and requires the ability to build strong relationships with customers, often at a senior level.
- Manage the delivery of the project through the full project lifecycle, from initiation through to implementation.
- Develop and maintain an end-to-end project plan that delivers the agreed scope of the project to time, budget and quality criteria.
- Take accountability for working with all internal Directorates/areas to agree scope, timelines and artifacts in order to ensure delivery of the project in line with overall agreed plan.
- Take ownership for the overall estimating process for the project, and working collaboratively with the Project Managers, Lead Business Analysts, the Build Managers, and the Test Managers, estimate the work effort required to deliver the project scope within the agreed timescales and budgets.
- Identify and manage risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies through the full project lifecycle. Ensure mitigation plans are in place for all risks and issues, and take ownership for ensuring these mitigation plans are executed, or escalate to the Head of Delivery as is appropriate.
- Ensure project changes are managed in line with the internal and client requirements.
- Ensure all 3rd party suppliers are engaged appropriately and contracts are in place and managed to ensure the required outcomes for the business.
- MSP, PMP, PRINCE 2 or equivalent qualification
- Strong academic background (Masters/MBA/1st Class Bachelors degree etc.)
- Microsoft Project
- Excellent leadership skills, managing large multi-disciplined teams.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, both internal and client.
- 10+ years in experience in leading the delivery of business critical delivery projects.
The Programme Director will have excellent stakeholder engagement skills and be used to working in a highly pressurized and fast paced environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Programme Director to work for an industry leading, dynamic and forward thinking organization, offering excellent progression and development opportunities.
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to succeed in the role of Programme Director then please apply now for immediate consideration.