Senior Commercial Business Analyst
Sellick Partnership are currently working with an instantly recognisable e-commerce business in Manchester, in their search for a Senior Commercial Business Analyst. With a nationwide presence and a rapidly evolving commercial strategy the organisation are in a major growth phase. This role will provide commercial support to several critical areas of the business with an overall remit to drive commercial and financial awareness.
This role will be a key support for the Commercial Controller and senior stakeholders in the provision of high quality business analysis and reporting, to assist in understanding the financial model and performance of a newly created business unit alongside helping to determine the longer term strategy. The role will be responsible for understanding the performance and evaluating how proposed initiatives/ releases and marketing plans impact the business and strategy.
You will be tasked to provide commercial insight and analysis of results, identifying underlying trends and challenging the business on key performance drivers (areas include retail, ecommerce, marketing) such as customer conversion, product margin, promotional performance, customer behaviour etc.
You will form an integral part of the team whilst adopting a partner / challenger role in evaluating business performance; and to ensure the integrity of commercial data to other areas of the business to make more informed decisions. You will be tasked to build and develop reports, analysis & BI tools, therefore it is essential you have advanced Excel skills, SQL, google analytics or similar analytic tools/software.
A full job specification is available on request but general duties include:
- Support and challenge the business by providing commercial information for decision making through development and delivery of a number of key business reports in a timely and accurate manner and ad hoc analysis.
- Understand the delivery roadmap and analyse proposed initiatives/ strategy and understand their impact to the overall group performance.
- Reporting on the actual impact of initiatives and supporting the delivery of post investment reviews.
- Assess and develop appropriate models that will support the business' strategic goals.
- Work with various analysts across the business to gather and interpret data to allow analysis of the performance of the business unit.
- Understand the true cost of running the business unit.
- Analysis and understanding of proposed marketing plans, making recommendations where appropriate.
- Support the preparation and analysis of planning and forecasting for the business area including 3 year strategic plan, annual budget, quarterly forecasts and rolling updates to full year outlook.
The successful applicant will be a qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA or CIMA) coming from a similar commercial analyst role.
You will have experience with data extraction, manipulation and good presentation skills. The role requires an ambitious and proactive individual who enjoys applying a strong commercial focus, with the ability to understand business strategy, identify and interpret financial trends. You will enjoy building robust and productive analysis to support and challenge all areas of the business.
Candidates wishing to apply for this role will have a strong commercial background coupled with highly developed analytical skills. Ideally candidates will have worked across multiple sectors and will have had exposure to working with vast amounts of data.
The candidate will have advanced Excel skills, have produced commercial models and will have a 'go getting' attitude. Strong communication skills are a must as you will be responsible for working with multiple stakeholders across the business. You will need prior exposure of working across multiple work streams and in a commercial sense to maximise revenue from this new product.
You will have advanced excel, access and report building skills with experience of using analytic tools/software such as SQL, google analytics etc. You must be comfortable working with large data sets and have a high attention to detail. Experience of working with IT staff is equally important as working with Finance, the person needs to be able to understand how the data is held together. You must also be capable of performing at pace in a pressured environment,
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on .
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment operating across the UK. Over the last ten years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.