An outstanding opportunity for a bright and committed part qualified accountant who is looking to make their next career move and join a professional finance team, within a fast paced, rapidly growing company. We’re ready to continue your development alongside you completing your professional qualification and give you the opportunity to reach your full career potential.
About Hanson Wade
Based in London near Victoria Station, Hanson Wade develops commercial events for global organisations seeking growth and rapid progress within their industries. The goal is to deliver commercial success to our customers, faster and we achieve this by providing companies with the knowledge and business networks to improve their performance. Hanson Wade was established in 2008 and has been recognised in the Sunday Times FastTrack 100, as one of the fastest growing businesses in the UK.
As the Management Accountant within the Finance team, you will be responsible for the timely and accurate production of the monthly Management Reporting Pack and the underlying accounting requirements to deliver it and also to develop it further; production and analysis of the monthly business KPI’s and also to help drive business performance improvement by preparing financial analysis to highlight areas of improvement and facilitate/influence the change, in collaboration with the CFO.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Bank account processing: Post all current account receipts and payments (USD, EUR & GBP bank accounts) to Sage.
- Bank account reconciliation: Reconcile all bank accounts per Sage (cashbook) to bank statements.
- Cashbook: Revalue USD & EUR bank accounts to month end FX spot-rate on Sage.
- Customer accounts: Close-out customer accounts of the months events on Sage.
- Deferred revenue and costs: Reconcile and reverse the deferred event revenue and costs on Sage from the B/S to P&L re the months events.
- Company credit cards: Capture and process the months spend on Sage accounting for VAT as necessary.
- Personal expense reclaims: Capture and process the PER’s on Sage.
- Fixed assets: Capture additions and process the monthly depreciation on Sage and maintain the fixed asset register.
- Prepayments, accruals and other journal entries: Maintain spreadsheet files and post monthly movements, reversals and journals on Sage.
- Management accounts: Production and development of the month end management reporting pack: incl. P&L and B/S by WD5 post month end.
- Produce, maintain analyse and interpret the monthly business KPIs.
- Management information and ad-hoc reporting and analysis: Production and development of data and reports as required by management; and to interpret the data and explain it’s relevance.
- Ability to cover the Assistant Financial Accountant’s daily responsibilities as necessary.
The below are the key qualifications, skills and characteristics that you will need to demonstrate, to thrive and succeed in the role and at Hanson Wade:
- Graduate with a minimum 2:1 from a leading university, ideally in finance or business related subject.
- Successfully passed the examinations of a recognised accountancy body to at least a part-qualified level.
- Excellent MS Office skills, specifically advanced Excel.
- Strong systems, process and analytical skills.
- The energy and ability to work accurately, deliver high standards and work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: You need be able to work well with colleagues across the business.
- Commercial: A passion for business and real drive for its and your continued success.
What we Offer
Study support: Hanson Wade will meet the study and exam entry costs of the first attempt of each paper of the professional accountancy qualification that you are studying for (ie. ACCA / CIMA).
Additionally Hanson Wade offers:
- A structured career path and development in a rapidly growing company with a global outlook.
- An opportunity to make your mark and actively participate in shaping the business.
- A fun and fast paced working environment. We expect you to work hard, but we also want you to have fun doing it. There are regular social events to allow our staff to get to know everyone in the business.
Apply now and we will endeavour to get back to you within 5 working days with the 1st stage of interview being a phone screen, so look out for our call!