Business Development Consultant
Our client has a unique opportunity available for a Business Development Consultant to join the team based in Middleton. This successful candidate will join them on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £18,000 - £22,000 depending on experience.
About the Role
As their Business Development Consultant you will report directly to the Sales Manager. The role involves looking after existing customers and developing your customer base by means of cold calling. You will then be expected to use your sales skills to match the customer's needs to the right product.
What are the responsibilities of theBusiness Development Consultant?
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer / prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims.
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio and territory according to an agreed market development strategy.
- Use customer and prospect contact activity tools and systems, and update relevant information held in these systems.
- Maintain and develop existing customer-base.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquires by appropriate methods.
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys.
- Attend meetings and training sessions to develop relevant knowledge and skills in order to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
- Promote all company products.
Their ideal Business Development Consultant will have the following skills & experience:
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
- Excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to liaise with others at all levels.
- Able to work on own initiative and be self-motivated, as well as being a team player.
- Organisational ability, with attention to detail.
- Flexible approach and ability to respond to changing priorities.
- Well-presented and businesslike.
- Administration experience.
- Educated to NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- IT experience, including use of Word, Excel and Database.
If you would like to join the team as their new Business Development Consultant then please click ‘apply’ today, they’d love to hear from you!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and they welcome applications from women and men, regardless of race, religious belief, disability, gender, sexual orientation or age.