Hospital Management Accountant
About The Facility
Begin a career with HCA Healthcare UK - World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
London Bridge Hospital has been delivering world class private healthcare since 1986. With over 100 en suite, air conditioned rooms, we aim to make your stay as comfortable as possible, and are always happy to discuss any individual requirement that you may have.
Salary: £40,000-£55,000 + Benefits
Closing date : Tuesday 14th March 2017
To ensure the smooth running of the Finance team.
To delegate the workload between the team and ensure that the quality is maintained and deadlines are met.
To provide management with accurate and timely financial and statistical information, supporting and assisting them in managing their departments within budgets.
To provide financial and statistical information to HCA Head office, group members and external organisations as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of financial information on a scheduled basis for internal or external submission.
- To prepare management accounts at the month end to a high standard ensuring the accuracy and completeness of reporting. This includes:
- Accruals for outstanding costs.
- Obtaining information from Heads of Department and CFO as required.
- Prepayments required on rents, rates, maintenance agreements etc.
- Review of results to ensure that variances are understood and misstatements are corrected.
- Any other adjustments to the accounts as are required to provide a proper financial record of the hospital's activities.
- To improve the month end process at the hospital on a continuing basis and to share ideas for improvements with the other hospital accountants.
- Preparation of variance analysis and supporting commentary of financial performance versus expectations
- Assist with reviewing monthly fixed asset reconciliations
- Assist with the monthly Hospital and Corporate Reporting Packs.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget, including preparation of the budget models for submission to the hospitals, review of the models on return and entry of the figures into Meditech ensuring any changes are monitored.
- Liaise and assist internal and external auditors
- Assist in the ongoing revenue capture project.
- Any other special projects and ad hoc duties as required.
Skills & Experience
- Qualified Accountant of one of the following:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ass. of Chartered Certified Accountants, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- Experience in preparation of annual budgets and month end accounts
- Experience of support to both financial and non-financial managers
- Experience of liaising with audit function for compliance requirements
- Experience in a healthcare industry highly preferable
- Detailed knowledge of groups accounting/finance systems
- Computer literate including an excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Deal with enquiries both internal and external and refer as necessary.
- Devise solutions to constantly changing demands for presentation of information to Senior Management.
- Prioritise workload, delivering information to deadlines.
- To compile and present accurate and timely financial information.
- To communicate information effectively.
- To work to high standards of service delivery.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Assist in developing the service in line with changing needs of the Group.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- To keep up to date with current procedures.
- Good verbal and non verbal communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Supervisory skills.
About The Individual
The successful candidate must have the ability to work within deadlines, excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills. They will have outstanding communication skills with excellent presentation skills and able to partner senior management. Finally, they will also have excellent analytical and strategic
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!