Assistant Store Manager - Greenwich
My Client is a business with a fantastic reputation with regards to internal culture and customer service. They are excellent at allowing their managers autonomy to run their sites like their own business and expect this culture of accountability to be in each store.
They have 90 retail units and are growing with a really secure customer base and fantastic training.
As an Assistant Store Manager you will be in charge of the following:
- Help to manage up to 80 staff in large big box single site of around 25,000 sqft.
- Providing inspirational leadership, always leading by example, recognising talent and appreciate your team’s hard work.
- Building high performing teams by coaching and providing on the job training, you recognise that your team is your biggest asset and their development is paramount.
- Having a clear robust succession plan.
- Building great working relationships with your team and individuals are treated fairly and with respect at all times.
- Inspiring leader you ensure your team deliver outstanding customer service, you put the customer at the heart of everything you do.
- Thriving in a fast paced ever changing environment.
- Having the flexibility to recognise change and approach it in a positive, proactive way
- Ensuring that performance is addressed either with recognition for outstanding results or by providing support and development plans where needed to improve performance.
- Having great planning skills and can plan ahead as well as plan for the day to day activities. You use appropriate information to deliver results, and you coach others to do the same.
- Making commercial decisions that improve KPI performance for your store and territory. You are a clear communicator your team understand what is happening in the company.
- Delivering excellent standards your team are clear on what good looks like and how to achieve it.
- Ensuring all appropriate legislation is adhered to at all time by ensuring compliance with company policy and Health & Safety regulations.
- You will have autonomy to merchandise and order stock in relation to customer trends.
You will report into the GM and will run the store in his or her absence.
In order to be eligible for the role you must have the following experience:
- Management of a 10,000sqft Store at Assistant or Department Manager level
- Managed a minimum of 30+ staff in a food, fast fashion or non food retail environment.
- Focused on developing staff and customer relationships
- Have a management style that gives staff autonomy as well as creating a fun work environment for the business