Academic Services and Compliance Manager
Kaplan International College London, London Bridge
Part of Kaplan International, KIC London has been offering international students university preparation courses since 2008 and today welcomes students from more than 60 countries. Located a stone’s throw from Borough Market and 5 minutes from London Bridge station, KIC London enjoys prestigious academic partnerships with University of York, University of Birmingham, Cranfield University, Westminster University and City University. The college also offers a Multi-Progression Pathway, allowing students to apply through UCAS to a range of UK universities. Watch our video to find out more.
We are recruiting an Academic Services and Compliance Manager to ensure the smooth, effective running and development of the College’s student and academic support services.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- ensuring the efficient and effective timetabling of all modules classes
- managing the exam process including scheduling, procurement of off-site space as required, recruitment and management of invigilators, and communication to staff and students
- maintenance and oversight of student records of achievement, communicating academic results to students and producing academic progress reports and transcripts
- overseeing the administration of the assessment/examination process
- providing advice and guidance to students and staff on academic regulations
- as a level 1 SMS user, specific responsibility for UKVI compliance including the production of CAS, pre visa renewals checks and attendance monitoring and reporting functions
- overseeing the production of data and reports showing student performance
- managing the collection of student feedback
- responsibility for the production and display of student facing information relating to academic services
- acting as the main point of contact for KICL sponsored students and their sponsors and liaise with other departments as required
- managing a team of college administrators
You will be customer orientated with management/team leadership experience, gained preferably in the education or EFL sector.
Key skills and knowledge will include:
- a sound understanding of UK further and higher education
- strong interest and experience of working with international students
- good knowledge of UKVI regulations
- proven ability to develop and maintain effective administration systems
- strong team leadership skills
- excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate to a wide audience
- excellent IT skills, including advanced Excel skills are critical
Application method and closing date: Please apply with a CV and covering letter.
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 20th February, 2017
This appointment will be subject to clearance through the Disclosure and Baring Service and professional reference checks
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., is an exciting company in the world of international education. We offer a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China, Japan and Nigeria through to full degree programmes, in partnership with universities at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support, we provide international students with high quality, flexible international education and study opportunities.