Job Description: A leading broking and wealth management firm is searching for a Risk Manager to join their London office. The role will encompass a broad spectrum of risk categories including, but not limited to, operational, market, business, liquidity and outsourcing risk and oversight. To maintain and develop a strategic risk framework based on an understanding of the risks that the organisation may be exposed to.
- Attend the Operations Committee meetings as requested and prepare /present reports to represent the Risk function.
- Ensure effective systems of risk management are in place across the Group, whilst embedding a risk management culture throughout the Group.
- Provide assurance on the design and effectiveness of Corporate Governance arrangements in place to ensure these are achieving the desired objectives.
- Establish and develop procedures to ensure that the firm identifies, controls mitigates and monitors both internal and external risks.
- Provide input into the decision making process on how to assess and treat highlighted risks to ensure the Group is adequately protected.
- Measurement of operational risk events including the oversight of the write off policy and process.
- To provide daily oversight and reporting on Market Risks. To include daily monitoring, control and analysis of book positions and risk limit utilisation, daily reporting of all elements of position valuations and market risk calculations, including limits breaches, to the business and Senior Management, development of Market Risk indicators, including stress scenarios, independent calculation of valuation adjustments and liquidity provisions, daily control of FX position reconciliation processes, daily cash flow monitoring and liquidity forecasting, across all business operations, and ensuring robust procedures for all front, middle and back office processes.
- Review the Risk Management Policy on a regular basis to ensure that it remains fit for purpose.
- Advise on specific risk and control issues.
- Undertake ad hoc audit reviews as requested by the organisation.
- Assess the adequacy of Business Contingency arrangements in place for the Group and recommend actions where risk exposures have been identified.
- Ownership of the on-going ICAAP and LRAP processes and related documentation.
- Ensure the department maintains the necessary records in order to satisfy local regulators and auditors.
- Responsibility for Business Continuity planning and oversight.
- Responsibility for change control process, e.g. New Initiative Risk Assessments.
- Liaison and coordination of effort with Compliance and Internal Audit.
- Production of ad-hoc reports for Executive Committee or Board as requested in response to business issues/matters arising.
- Ability to demonstrate, document and provide assurance to stakeholders that the Group has an effective risk management framework in place.
- Previous P&L/Risk Production or Risk Management experience.
- Strong mathematical profile with good knowledge of MS Excel and the ability to automate processes.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Robust personality with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Prepared to travel to regional offices as and when required.