Front-end Web Developer
The role on offer
We are looking for a talented and proactive Frontend Web Developer who will relish the opportunity to work within our small team and take on a key role in the development of web solutions over multiple interesting and varied client projects.
Agency experience in a development role is preferred, whether working on a single project or across multiple projects at once, although we will accept any application where the key competencies can be demonstrated. We will offer a competitive salary based on your experience.
Candidates who are available to start immediately are also preferred. If this sounds like the role for you, apply now with your CV, a brief cover letter and a link to some examples of your work.
Interviews will take place on an ongoing basis and applications are open until the position is filled.
We won’t accept any applications from recruiters for this position, thanks.
About the company
Pendulum is a creative web and media agency based in Vauxhall, London. Our aim is to blend amazing design with robust digital development, specialising in driving forward the art of digital communication. Our clients range from start-ups to multinational corporations, and whether they need a small portfolio site or a large e-commerce solution, our work is tailored to fit their requirements perfectly.
As a team, we are a friendly bunch working in a relaxed and comfortable office atmosphere with background music, frequent teas and coffees on the brew and regular pub lunches.
Being part of the Pendulum team, you will be able to grow in your profession and vastly extend your knowledge of the field whilst gaining valuable industry experience. As an inevitable part of our field, we are constantly learning new technologies and uses of them to deliver on client requirements in a unique fashion. As we deal with all aspects of design and development, our developers have the opportunity to feed into all stages of our projects, from conceptual designs and wireframing, through to the actual development and go-live of projects.
Essential technical skills
- Proficiency in PHP and MySQL.
- Ability to convert designs from Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) into code.
- Understanding and application of cross-browser and cross-device testing.
Essential non-technical skills
- Great at working within a team or on your own depending on the size of the project being undertaken.
- Comfortable being able to be directed by a team lead.
- Conscious of schedules and the high importance of delivering projects on time.
- Able to provide frequent status updates either internally or to clients as appropriate.
- Good at writing documentation, both technical in code and non-technical for clients.
- Great attention to detail in writing and to ensure products match designs.
- Excellent communication skills including very good written and spoken English for interacting with clients by email, in person and over the phone.
Bonus technical skills
We don’t expect you to have used all of these but we’ll look favourably upon those who can demonstrate some experience with the following:
- CSS preprocessors Sass and LESS.
- AJAX interaction with server-side interfaces.
- WordPress theme and plugin development.
- CSS/UI frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap).
- PHP frameworks (e.g. Phalcon, Laravel, CodeIgniter, CakePHP).
- Object-oriented programming principles.
- npm, Grunt and Gulp, and their use within the web development workflow.
- Git, Git Flow and version control.
- Database schema design and normalisation.