Assistant Accountant - Catering and Events
Up to £35k
My client is looking for an assistant accountant to join thier busy team. You will be managing all financial controls, with the support of a Finance Assistant.
Graduate calibre, or equivalent, with intent to qualify as an ACCA, ACA, CIMA or AAT accountant.
You MUST come from a sports/leisure/hospitality background.
This role would also be to work the occasional evening and weekend.
- Internal financial controls and audit experience
- Preparation of management accounts and forecasts
- Computer literate
- Basic to intermediate level experience of Microsoft Desktop Applications
- People management skills·
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Purpose & Scope:
- The prime purpose of this role is to manage the day-to-day accounting functions.
- Managing the appropriate financial controls, procedures and processes i.e. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Cash Management,
- Ensuring where appropriate skilled support accounts staff are in place and trained as necessary to perform day-to-day accounting functions but in particular trained
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of financial statements including management Profit & Loss Statements, JCR Reporting and balance sheet reconciliations and sales ledger updates.
- Liaise with the General Manager & Finance Manager as necessary in reviewing the financial performance of the contract.
- The Location Accountant may be expected to have an involvement with the fixed payroll administration as deemed necessary by the General Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounting Information
- Policies and Procedures
- Purchasing and Accounts Payable
- Sales Ledger
- Cash Control
- Payroll Procedures
- Journal Transactions/Reconciliation
If the above applies to you, please send your CV.