Structural Engineer - Brighton
Role: Structural Engineer
Salary: Up to £40,000
Penguin Recruitment are currently looking for a Structural Engineer, for a multi-disciplinary practice of Consulting Civil and Structural Engineers. They are at the forefront of high quality building and engineering projects, on both a national and international level.
The company have a strong learning and training ethos, and are leading exponents in the use of Building Information Models (BIM). They pride themselves on continuous investment in staff development and training, enabling them to keep up with ever-changing industry standards, innovative techniques and procedures.
The Structural Engineer's Role will include the following:
- Scheme designing to aid design development establishing stability, structural solution and basic grid/construction layouts in sketch format;
- Analysing structural components;
- Developing detailed designs, preparing calculations in all major materials and communicating the design clearly to fellow professionals, clients and contractors;
- Liaising with other professionals, to resolve detailed information and develop design through scheme stages through to construction;
- Liaising closely with construction staff solving site queries and developing solutions;
- Using computer-aided design (CAD) technology;
- Developing others including our Trainee Engineers/Technicians & Graduates.
The Structural Engineer will need the following key skills and abilities:
- IT and computer literacy;
- Team Player;
- Excellent communication Skills;
- Interest in own Professional Development.
The Structural Engineer will need to have the following qualifications & experience:
- Minimum: HNC/BEng in construction/Civil Engineering/ other engineering discipline;
- Approaching professional status of chartered or proven incorporated engineer;
- Minimum 3 Years' Experience;
- AutoCAD/Revit skills advantageous;
- Good understanding of Building Regulations;
- FEM Analysis & analysis modelling.
As a learning and training organisation, the company always tries to encourage enthusiastic potential engineers into the ever-evolving world of Civil and Structural Engineering. They have extensive involvement with educational establishments and offer successful work experience and Trainee Engineering Schemes. They are 'Investor in People Gold' Accredited, Quality Assured, direct with the British Standards Institution and an Institution 'Approved for Training' firm. The company also provides 1 Friday off per month on top of the normal 20 days of holiday.
In order to discuss this role, please contact Tom on 01792 365108, or alternatively send an email expressing your interest with a CV attached to