Project Coordinator (material cost reduction)
Project Coordinator (material cost reduction) required on a contract basis to join an industry leading manufacturing business.
Do you have a background in the control and coordination of material cost reduction within a engineering project environment? Have you got experience of working with cross functional teams to deliver successful projects? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the contract role for you!
You will play a key role within the Strategic Cost Management (SCM) team. The SCM team is part of the Engineering group and is responsible for the identification and delivery of Material cost reductions in support of the purchase group.
This role will be central to the coordination of program level cost data through the use of corporate cost management systems. In addition to this you will provide analytical support to the general SCM team through supplier research and the analyses of numerical spend data. Development of cross functional collaborative working relationships will be essential to gather appropriate data.
Provide coordination and analytical support for the Strategic Cost Management team working on major cost reduction projects for both new and current product.
- Analysis of material spend data to support the team in the identification of cost reduction opportunities
- Creation of reports and recommendations to support any identified opportunities
- Act as the key liaison between Purchase team and SCM team to maintain part quote data in corporate cost tracking tool and create subsequent reports
- In conjunction with Lead Cost engineer create total engine cost reports
- Attend regular team meetings to capture and progress actions is support of the project
- Analysis and dissemination of project data to drive actions
- Experience in an Engineering, Procurement or Manufacturing environment
- Strong Excel skills and data analysis
- Good Organisation Skills
- The ability to work unsupervised with the motivation to drive projects to conclusion
- Engineering or Purchasing knowledge
- Project Management Experience
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.