Night Engineering Manager
Engineering Manager - Nights Only - Client Direct - Canary Wharf - 45-50k+Benefits
Would you like to work in an iconic building in Canary Wharf?
Are you looking to work on a night's only basis?
If so please read on.....
One of our clients is currently looking to recruit an Engineering Manager to work at their flagship building based in Canary Wharf.
The Night Engineering Manager is a critical role within the business that makes sure the internal engineering and facilities teams and external contractors working to their scope of works and in a safe manner.
The Night Engineering Manager will be the link between the works that happen and how they are delivered and handed over to the relevant stakeholders.
This person will ensure that all of these works are carried out to the necessary legislation and building regulations as well as the world class standards we expect here. With hundreds of contractors on site day and night this will be a varied an interesting role.
The role will be working on a night's only basis covering 19.00 to 07.00 and will also be working on a shift basis.
- Becoming familiar with all the relevant drawings and written instructions, checking them and using them as a reference when inspecting the work.
- Making visual inspections of works carried out and also works in progress.
- Developing relationships with key stakeholders so you are involved in every project, churn and minor works that take place.
- Taking measurements and samples on site to make sure that the work and the materials meet the specifications agreed and works are of the necessary standards.
- Being familiar with legal requirements and checking that the work complies with them.
- Having a good working knowledge of health and safety legislation and bring any shortfalls observed to the attention of the relevant people.
- Develop and produce reporting for relevant stakeholders (FM, Project team, Property Director etc) on works being undertaken for them.
- Attend meetings as required from concept and design through to build.
- Be the custodian of each piece of work you own and see it through to handover.
- Highlight any failings in H&S and bring these to the attention of the team.
- Be familiar with current fire regulations & British Standards.
Applicants for this role must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Fully qualified Electrically or Mechanically to a recognised level; ie C&G
- Possess a M&E engineering qualification or equivalent experience.
- Preferably NEBOSH / H&S qualified.
- IT proficient in MS Office packages.
- An understanding or membership of ICWCI or CIBSE - desirable.
- Experience in prior roles essential - clerk of works or project manager.
- Fully competent in accepting handovers from projects of all sizes and managing snagging lists that are produced.
- Working in a commercial environment advantageous.
- Prior roles of working within a vast complex retail environment.
- Understanding of listed buildings and associated issues.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.