Graduate Quantity Surveyor
Do you want to gain experience during your degree? Have you already graduated and are now looking for a QS position within a civil engineering contractor?
If you want to pursue a commercial career within contracting, this is a great place to start!
- You will get exposure to senior management, be part of decision making and get a full understanding of the commercial procedure from inception to completion of civil engineering projects.
- This is a successful, independent main contractor who are winning a great deal of work and growing their team.
- My client, based in Chelmsford, and with operations across Essex and the surrounding area, have extensive experience delivering all aspects of highway maintenance and highway improvements.
- They are a highly successful company, and are experiencing a very busy time!
- This is your opportunity to join a business which is going from strength to strength and work for an energetic and motivated team.
- You will be based from a £2.5 million brand new head office - with state of the art facilities and parking on site, and spend some of your time from the other site as well.
- A friendly and successful team offering training and development
- Very nice working environment in brand new office
- A full forward pipeline of work across London and Essex
- This is your chance to learn and develop from an excellent, large, supportive commercial team
- Competitive package
- RICS support
You will be responsible for:
- As Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will be supporting an experienced senior quantity surveyor who will support and develop your skills and training
- You will have other assistants alongside yourself
- You will be responsible for assisting with change events and the implications this will make to the programme, schedule and costs
- Reviewing existing contract documentation
- Some management of subcontractor packages
- Considering the client's variation request against the contract & assist with reporting
- FULL DRIVING LICENSE ESSENTIAL
- A degree in civil engineering, quantity surveying, or similar would be ideal
- Some experience as an assistant or trainee QS is essential
- Experience on a civils project would be most beneficial but other QS backgrounds can be considered
- Enthusiasm and drive to succeed
Note: All applications are kept confidential and contact will be established with you before submission of your CV to any client.
If you feel you would meet the criteria and would like to pursue this further, please apply by clicking below.
If you would like to add me on LinkedIn and be kept up to date with the latest civil engineering projects and commercial positions please click here:
For any more information please call Lucy Denham on 0203 6800 650.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.