Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary and Benefits:
£55,000 - £65,000
Company Car - or equivalent allowance
Private Health Care
Our client is a leading civil engineering contractor who will be delivering major packages on rail projects of values up to £250 m. They are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join an established and growing team dedicated to a large project in West London.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will play a dynamic and crucial role regarding commercial delivery and management on a large project.
About The Role
The main purpose of the role is to oversee, operate, coordinate and report on the commercial management of the project and to administer measure and report on financial matters relative to specific contracts to achieve commercial success.
Principal Duties & Accountabilities
- Lead the commercial and contractual administration of the contract or sections.
- Prepare monthly internal cost value reports, cash flows and forecasts.
- Identify all additional works and evaluate additional entitlement.
- Preparation of monthly applications for payment
- Attend meetings with clients representatives, subcontractors and internally
- Prepare and compile subcontract orders
- Managing subcontract works packages from commercial matters to the site team
- To maintain and keep up to date commercial files on site
- Supervise, guide, support and train surveyors/assistants
- Represent the company on all matters in a professional manner
- Degree or equivalent level qualification in Quantity Surveying or related construction subject
- Membership of a recognised professional institute (ie RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE) or working towards this.
- Knowledge of the Rail industry or experience of working on a rail project.
- Experience of Building/Civil Engineering construction techniques.
- Proficient in word and excel
- Ability to supervise and train trainee/quantity surveyors
- Experience of cost accounting systems and effective allocation of costs
- Commercial management of contracts and subcontracts
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.