Assistant Site Manager
If you are an ambitious Assistant Site Manager, then the time to take the next step in your career is now. We are recruiting for Assistant Site Managers for developments in Essex, Cambridge and surrounding counties.
As an Assistant Site Manager, your job responsibilities will include the following:
- Supervising and ensuring that all construction work is built in accordance with the programme of works.
- Ensuring effective control of subcontractors in maintaining all necessary quality control checks to ensure the required standard by complying with the relevant specification and working practices.
- Preparing schedules of defects and ensures completion in accordance with programme.
- Liaising with Site Manager in the preparation of final inspections.
- Liaising with the Site Manager and Materials Controller regarding the calling off of materials and for adjustment of schedules pertaining to under scheduling and surplus requirements.
- Liaising with the Site Manager and Materials Controller with regard to positioning/storing and protection of materials.
- Liaising with Site Manager regarding the performance and assessment of subcontractors.
- Liaising with Site Manager regarding the maintenance of daily and weekly records.
- Maintaining all aspects of the requirements laid down by the Health and Safety Executive and the Factory Inspectorate and ensuring at all times that the security of buildings is maintained.
- Liaising with Site Manager regarding the handover process of plots at completion.
- Liaising with Site Manager prior to meetings and inspections by client, to enable discrepancies/peculiarities to be raised and clarified.
- Liaising with the Site Sales Team/Site Manager regarding handover dates and purchaser occupation and/or any purchaser queries raised prior to and after occupation.
Desirable criteria :
- Passionate about construction, house building and customer service.
- Proven knowledge and experience of Building & Construction
- Sound knowledge of Health, Safety and Welfare facilities and CDM
- Good communication, organisation, collator, delegator and man management
- Articulate, numerate, literate and able to read drawings
- Advantageous to hold ONC, HNC certificate in construction
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonus
- Rewarding Career Path
- In-house development and training structure
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Car allowance/ Company car
- And many more flexible benefits including childcare vouchers, life insurance, restaurant discount card, gym membership, private medical care etc.
This is a great opportunity to gain construction experience and be part of a company that offers a great training and development programme. Don't wait- apply now!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.