EB4370: Multi-Skilled Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Salary: £34,000 DOE
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Hours: Monday to Friday – Various Rotational Shifts
The Multi-Skilled Engineer will have experience in completing maintenance and keeping a production machinery line fully operational. The Multi-Skilled Engineer must be qualified up to 17th edition in IEE and have an HNC or equivalent in Engineering.
We are now offering an experienced Multi-Skilled Engineer an exciting opportunity, to join the UK’s leading wholesalers of fresh produce based in the East side of Birmingham. This role of Multi-Skilled Engineer comes with a competitive salary of £34,000 DOE and alongside this you will receive benefits such as 28 days’ holiday including the Bank Holidays, pension scheme and free parking.
The hours of work for the Multi-Skilled Engineer will be alternative shift patterns from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm or 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm Monday to Friday. This may include some weekend work.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the maintenance and upkeep of all operational equipment on the production line
- Carrying out reactive breakdown repairs and following the P.P.M (Planned Preventative Maintenance) schedule
- Completing fault diagnosis and repair of Electro-Mechanical Systems such as; Flow Wrappers, Gas Flush Machines, LP air compressors, Hydraulics, Multi-Head Weighers, Check Weighers and Conveyors
- Carrying out routine maintenance to all systems whilst maintaining an accurate record of this
- Using PLC's (Programmable Logic Controllers) and accurately keeping track of this
Qualifications / Experience:
- IEE qualified up to 17th edition in Wiring Regulations
- Hold an HNC engineering qualification or equivalent
- Have previous experience of programming and fault diagnosis of PLC systems
- Have experience of previously working in a Food or heavy engineering environment ideally with experience of working with packing and wrapping machinery
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.