Snr Electrical Design Engineer - Building Services
Your new company
They're a building service engineering consultancy with offices in London and Hampshire, with an experienced and highly skilled team focused on creating innovative design solutions.
They're proficient in super prime luxury and mass density residential projects, retail, offices, education, MoD and care homes and have grown substantially since their conception 6 years ago.
Your new role
My client is a multi discipline building services consultancy.
Due to company growth we are looking to recruit a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join their Electrical department. The Senior Electrical Design Engineer will be required to deal with projects from concept/feasibility stage, through design and construction to commissioning and handover under the guidance of a Director. Project activities for Senior Electrical Design Engineer include, but are not limited to, the following:-
- Lighting calculations and visualisations
- Cable calculations
- Part L Compliance checking
- Detail development of concept designs to include equipment selection and specifications
- Liaison with architects, clients, structural engineers and contractors
- Project Management and Site inspections
What you'll need to succeed
Qualifications and experience required for Senior Electrical Design Engineer:
- Significant experience working as an electrical (building services) design engineer
- Degree or HNC (as a minimum) ideally in electrical (building services) engineering or electrical engineering
- Working knowledge of building regulations (especially Parts M and L)
- Working knowledge of British Standards
- Specification writing experience
- Experience of using Dialux and/or Relux
- Experience of using Amtech and/or Cymap
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
What you'll get in return
Competitive Rate / Salary
Company Benefits if permanent
Opportunity to get involved with diverse projects
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.