Finance Manager, reporting into the Head of Finance and responsible for the delivery of management reporting for various corporate and faculty departments alongside the assistance with the statutory reporting for the organisation.
This leading London higher education institute is globally recognised for its teaching and research. With an ambitious 5 year plan in place across the university, it is important from a finance perspective that the university meets its target surplus. This is to be achieved through better generation of financial information and delivery of reporting to non-finance stakeholders at all levels.
- Produce monthly management accounts for designated Academic & Corporate Service areas.
- Report on the financial performance of the designated Schools & Corporate Services along with associated risks and opportunities.
- Actively work on the business planning process.
- Lead on the preparation of budgets.
- Monitor performance against appropriate KPIs and ensure that this data is effectively reported.
- Ensure a full course costing analysis is in place.
- Support designated Schools in identifying new income sources, opportunities to increase existing income lines and efficiency savings.
- Manage designated Schools' enterprise income reporting and assist in their research bid
- Support the preparation of the Financial Statements for the University and its subsidiaries and prepare relevant analysis to enable the financial statements to be audited.
You will be a fully qualified CCAB accountant with strong budgeting, forecasting and management reporting skills that can be evidenced through experience. A background in audit would be highly beneficial. This role requires the delivery of financial information to non-finance individuals and therefore the abilty to build and develop professional relationships between finance and other disciplines is essential.
Salary circa £50,000 depending on experience
30 days holiday