Senior Construction Project Manager
Client DetailsOur client is a well-funded prime residential property development company which has asked us to help them identify an experienced Construction Project Manager to help them deliver this large-scale residential led Mixed Use scheme.The overall development comprises a series of townhouses and residential blocks, totalling in excess of 250 units split between private and affordable. The overall scheme will also include the redevelopment of a Grade Listed building.
The project is currently at detail design stage and our client is looking to procure a main contractor to complete the production design and build out the scheme.
DescriptionWe are looking for a Senior Project Manager to be accountable for a number of project management work streams as agreed with the Director of Project Management & Construction. Each of these will contribute to achieving the project vision and meet the business plan objectives for the overall development scheme.
- Represent the Client, on site, and bear in mind, at all times, the overall Client Objectives;
- Manage and coordinate the Main Contractor with its Sub-Contractors through all phases of design, permitting / pre-construction and construction;
- Manage and provide leadership for the site project management function;
- Ensure assigned projects are completed within budgets and schedules while meeting client needs, business objectives and design guidelines;
- Manage the execution risk management, feeding into the Risk Manager and constantly managing construction risks, and their mitigation actions;
- Oversee the health & safety aspects of the site(s) and coordinate external consultants such as Planning, Acquisitions, Operations, Design, Engineering and Finance on project;
- Make presentations to senior management including CEO / Chairman and the Client on a regular basis;
- Contribute to the procurement process, such as the selection of the work package contractors, the main contractor, and the selection of sub-contractors, which will be involved during the two-stage procurement and single stage process;
- Contribute to the development of project management, site management, and risk management procedures;
- Assist in the appointment of external consultants, working closely with the External Quantity Surveyor and External Project Manager.
In order to be considered you must demonstrate:
- Circa 15 years post-graduate professional experience as a Project Manager / Senior Project Manager / Construction Manager;
- Someone who has taken on a role on a complex construction project or programme of works from a leadership perspective;
- Experience in delivering large demolition, deep basement, sub and super structure packages on logistically challenging projects in Central London;
- Experience in delivering prime / super prime residential projects;
- Experience in large-scale projects, dealing with multiple contractors / packages;
- Good experience and knowledge of engaging and coordinating the work of advisors and experts to solve a project challenge;
- Expert in motivating contractors assigned to the delivery of the scheme ensuring they work in a coherent and coordinated fashion, and excellent eye for detail;
- Understanding of the construction management process;
- Experienced in full on-site construction management, land development and utilities engineering; scheduling, monitoring and inspecting all work from enabling to customer orientation.
A competitive salary with a good bonus and benefits package.