Product Innovation Specialist Fresh Food
Product Innovation Specialist – Fresh Food
Salary: £40 - £50k
Our global market-leading Client is looking for an exceptional individual to join their business as a product Innovation specialist for EMEA. We are looking for a truly creative and passionate food specialist to join a highly skilled team, someone that has the ability to create, innovate and shape tomorrows retail food offerings.
·You will Identify new product opportunities and technologies for presentation to the Innovation manager, Category Team & Senior Management.
·You will respond to and interpret creative briefs provided by category managers to develop new food concepts and products.
·As part of your role you will keep up to date with the latest trends by gathering and analysing product and technology trend information. This vital information will be used to initiate creation of new food concepts and products.
·Designs and conducts bench top experiments and tests.
·Lead the technical commercialisation phase of projects by developing product and process specifications and conducting plant testing of selected prototypes
·Partner with operations, procurement, supply chain, and regulatory in managing projects and products throughout their respective lifecycles
·You will ensures that products and processes have met initial quality assurance, safety and risk assessment requirements.
·Maintains projects file-develops technical manual and documents any intellectual property for all new development projects.
- Educated to at least degree level in a food science or related discipline
- Significant experience in either food/beverage retail or manufacturing product development.
- Experience in chilled ready to eat products. This experience should include, bench top to full scale commercialisation, process and specification development, product development and/or menu development. In exceptional circumstances, the knowledge required for this role, can be gained through experience. This would be assessed on an individual candidate basis.
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment, either on their own or cross-functionally
- Excellent project management, communication and organisational skills
- Be results orientated and build strong relationships at all levels within the organisation.
- Have the ability to function successfully during times of uncertainty and changing priorities
- Ideally bilingual, French and English
- Ideally have experience of working with European based companies