Events Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator
Are you a natural born communicator with experience of selling and marketing event space? Do you get excited by the opportunity to sell, and market a genuinely attractive event proposition? Please read on if you're looking to make an impact with realistic goals, and within a sector you are passionate about.
This organisation is an iconic, bustling, destination venue with a very significant presence in the heart of Birmingham's 'knowledge quarter'. The perfect venue for large scale, ground breaking, and out of the ordinary events, as well as attracting visitors from far and wide. With exciting expansion plans due to be completed allowing additional capacity, they are fast growing, and evolving, and in need of someone to help them shout about this.
The Sales and Marketing Events Co-ordinator will sit within the Events Team and will essentially be at the front end of the customer journey. You will be the one to initiate and drive sales through proactive selling of the event space to new business channels and development of incremental business. Initially a 12-month contract but with big plans afoot for the success of the new event space, things could develop in the future.
The focus will be to take responsibility for driving revenue streams through sales whilst also assisting in the marketing, promotion and in some cases, delivery of events. So, you will be in the hub of sales and marketing, whilst also having a hand in the operational side; they are a very collaborative and joined up team! You will be working with local businesses and corporate partners, both new and existing, and you will specifically:
- Oversee the creation and distribution promotion, creating awareness of seasonal activity and events via various channels
- Develop and drive reactive and proactive sales from initial enquiry to show-rounds, and in some cases, deputise on event delivery
- Network both regionally and nationally to create awareness and open doors
- Working with the wider team to constantly streamline the client experience
- Support Head of Events in identifying supplier opportunities
- You will also be required to oversee listing and promoting client's events via the digital channels where appropriate
- You will be a key link between the clients and events, programme and technical teams in order to fulfil all aspects of the event cycle
This is a really great opportunity for a commercially 'savvy', marketing-minded sales professional who enjoys working in the event sector.
- You enjoy variety, a real all-rounder
- You love any opportunity for your personality and communication skills to shine!
- You have previous sales/co-ordination experience within venues/events
- You already have an awareness of, and enjoy, Marketing and Digital communications to help maximise opportunities
- An understanding of the logistics of event delivery is also key to be able to understand the customer journey fully
This is a great environment; lovely, 'buzzy' open plan offices, housing a very friendly team and the business offers excellent benefits, including a very generous holiday allowance. There is also parking on site - a real benefit when working in the town centre!