Manufacturing Accountant / Business Partner
A leading manufacturer near Portsmouth is seeking to recruit a manufacturing Cost and Project Accountant for a business partnering role.
The role will be to enhance understanding of business performance, support operations and sales functions, develop performance metrics, and improve forecast visibility from both a profitability and cash conversion perspective.
Role responsibilities will include;
- Develop daily/weekly performance data
- Review performance data, ensure that issues and risks identified, and that the appropriate forums are in place to manage issues and risks identified
- Deploy process for forecasting in various guises
- Support monthly accounting closing process
- Support review and narration of monthly expense reports
- Ensure full visibility and completeness of all quotes/orders
- Validate all quotes to assure completeness in terms and pricing calculations
- Ensure there is pipeline/orders/sales data available weekly
- Analyse manufacturing costs to enhance understanding and feed back into sales processes as appropriate
- Report profitability against both quotes and planned costs by order/job
- Ensure appropriate processes are in place to ensure inventory accuracy in both quantity and validation
The successful candidate will be Qualified or late stages of study with experience of working in a Manufacturing environment and offer project / cost accounting experience and ideally long term accounting skills. This is an operational finance role and candidates should have demonstrable business partnering skills and sound commercial acumen. You will also offer excellent communication and inter personal skills and be able to present to a variety of stakeholders.
Please apply for immediate consideration.
Butler Rose is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Butler Rose Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.