Based in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, our client is an exciting and developing company looking for an Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis.
This job would suit an ACCA/ CIMA Part Qualified Accountant who will be responsible for assisting the Senior Accountant prepare journal entries and reconciliations for monthly general ledger close. The job will also involve assisting in the preparation and distribution of financial statements as well as ensuring that all deliverables comply with regulatory guidance and professional standards.
This company is an exciting and forward-thinking start up technology business, who will see their turnover exponentially grow and triple in the next 12 months.
The successful individual will have great verbal and written communication skills, along with excellent interpersonal skills. Knowledge of statutory accounting principles and strong analytical and accounting skills are essential. Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook or similar programs are also essential along with knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting. SAP experience is preferred.
Duties will include:
- Assist with the delivery of statutory accounting, external reporting and compliance with financial policies, instructions, guidance, processes, tools, accounting principles, SOX compliance, internal controls and timely closure of external audit
- Assist in delivering accurate, timely and quality of periodic closing, financial forecasting, reporting and analysis of all related financials, p&l's, cash flow, balance sheet items, headcount and relevant KPIs
- Assist in the preparation of budget and forecast ensuring all budget and forecast assumptions are documented
- Supports relevant Operation Heads in all financial related matters including in the absence of the Chief Accountant, participating in budget holder key meetings to provide sound financial advice
- Assist in regular reviews of Headcount deployment and monitors resource utilization, WTR coordination and related financial impact
- Assists in preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including 'Budget vs. Actual' variance reports. Assist in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings; preparation of assigned Quarterly and Annual Statutory Statement pages/schedules
- Resolve various issues with bank such as cleared check differences, bank fee anomalies, targeted balance calculations and enhancements to online services
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures
For more information about this role or any other Accountant jobs in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability