Business Development Director
Excel IT are looking for a Business Development Director to run the development of technical innovation and new services across the company.
We seek an individual who has considerable experience (preferably over 10 years) across the IT solutions delivery sector. In particular, sector experience should include:
- Clear integration within businesses which create, develop and distribute advanced information technology.
- Working within a business which supplied a diversity of enterprises with integration of technology-based business solutions.
- International business insight brought through working for a global IT business.
- Working in a business which required you to advise on a mix of technical IT issues and on the Line of Business side.
- Development and implementation of IT services
Your Experience and Skill set
- This role requires drive, organisation, leadership and effective client engagement skills.
- You are required to have completed a higher degree level or equivalent education.
- Particular experience in the following is preferred: Cloud, Cognitive computing, Systems Collaboration, data centre services.
- Particular competencies in security and compliance and Business Process Management are required
- You should have direct experience in the provision of technical support in Hardware, Software and Services Projects.
- You will be a talented and experienced technical adviser and leader in relation to technical strategy, direction and projects with and for clients.
- You should demonstrate your ability and experiences of establishing, negotiating and managing operational partnerships with clients, subcontractors and other parties to achieve business project goals.
- You should be able to show a track record in dealing with client issue resolution and leading teams who work in the client Line of Business.
- You will have a proven record of developing new services for clients.
- You will have experience in various sales roles (preferably 5 years or more).
- You must have competency with and experience in working in advanced analytics to drive performance enhancement.
- You will have had experience in strategic account planning and be able to present examples of your revenue development skills and experience.
- You are expected to have international business insight and ability to support global projects, preferably brought through experience in working for a leading global business.
- You are required to have experience in project and service development management.
- A well-presented, team leader with an international business focus and positive attitude to driving revenue growth.
- Long term experience within the Digital Office Solutions sector and/or Data centre sector preferred.
- A clear understanding of interaction between client services security and compliance
- Competent in Business Process Management
- Strong communication skills & ability to build trust at all levels
- An established and experienced business development and client sales executive with excellent leadership skills and drive to successfully complete projects
- A desirable candidate will have at least 10 years' experience in day-to-day management of client team performance but applications from those with less experience will be considered.
- Long-term, stable and demonstrable background in IT optimisation and performance analytics
- An ethos of client focussed solutions delivery, backed by evidence of effective client relationship management.
- An ability to represent your company in all settings along with aiming to surpass customer expectations and to cultivate new client relationships.
- An ability to manage information and analyse statistics to monitor performance and promote optimum service delivery.
- A proactive individual capable of identifying business opportunities and driving initiatives. Examples of specific projects initiated by the candidate are preferable.
- Primarily a Business Development role
- Expected to drive selection and development of new technologies and services
- Expected to develop and maintain ongoing relationships with leading organisations and partners
- Meeting and exceeding targets and delivering revenue through high levels of activity and IT optimisation.
- Contributing to the company’s revenue targets and delivery of business objectives