Immediately available credit controller needed in High Wycombe
Your new company
You will be working for a leading business based in High Wycombe.
Your new role
- To support and liaise with the Sales Teams, Customer Service, Supply Chain and General Ledger dealing with escalated customer issues.
- Contact past-due accounts in a courteous, business-like and professional manner and arrange for payment of all past- due invoices.
- Maintain an organised follow- up schedule so that an overdue account is contacted.
- Maintain appropriate comments in the system of all customer requirements, collection action taken, payments received, promises made etc.
- Understand and manage customer invoice requirements including EDI and consolidated invoicing.
- Maintain communication with sales and customer care to fully answer all customer queries including customer set-up issues.
- Upon request provide customers with copies of invoices/statements.
- After exhausting all collection techniques and problem resolution, recommend accounts that are deemed to be un-collectable within the front end collection cycle and refer to the pre-legal process.
- Undertake administrative tasks as required.
- Answer incoming and return customer telephone calls promptly and professionally.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the process of continuous improvement, proposing and implementing process changes, identifying and responding actively to the needs of all customers.
- Organise and focus team actions on the top ten customers as advised by the Team Leader.
- Deal with audit queries as required.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience in a similar role would be beneficial. Advanced excel skills as well as a keen eye for detail, excellent telephone manner and the ability to handle difficult callers is essential.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.