Senior Buyer - West Midlands Contractor - c£45,000 + package
Senior Materials Buyer - Residential Contractor - Midlands - £45,000/£50,000 + a full benefits package
I am currently working in partnership with an industry leading social housing contractor / developer (new build) who are expanding aggressively across all regional offices but in particular throughout their Midlands region - which is classed as a 'super Region'. This office currently c20 live sites (regeneration projects) across the midlands with each project possesing exciting and complex elements - this being so they are seeking a strong Senior Materials Buyer who can procure materials for large housing schemes across the Northern Homes Counties.
The procurement team is comprised of a Procurement Manager, 2 Senior Buyers and a number of more jnr Materials and Sub Contract Buyers. This will be a hands on role where you will be expected to
- Procuring brickwork, carpentry and sanitary materials
- Hiring plant eg. cabins, forklifts, fencing, cranes etc
- Compiling monthly reports on budgeting control on all materials
- Resolving supplier disputes
- Attending monthly meetings on site, reporting on procurement processes
- Support the estimating team with pre-tender quotations and resolve material specification issues
The successful applicant will have:
- good contacts and networks in place
- experience of working on large residential schemes
- experience of working on both volume projects
As previously mentioned this is a 'nuts & bolts' position where you will be expected to take a hands on approach; taking full responsibility for the material purchasing for your own projects - you will also be expected to be able to read from construction drawings in order to do so.
If you would be interested in the above role please apply or send your CV in to or alternatively connect with me on Linkedin for a confidential chat about the position.