Group Sales Manager - Builders Merchant
Our client are a well respected distributor of building materials to the construction industry. Due to their continued success and expansion, they are looking to bring in a Group Sales Manager to motivate and manage a team of external sales executives within the South West London Region.
The role will include, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products and other relevant factors
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Maintains sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Effective leadership & motivational abilities for managing the sales staff and problem solving skills to handle any internal disputes within the department or depots.
- Knowledge of maintaining & updating the essential sales report formats, provides the timely feedback to management.
- Completes sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analysis.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains sales staff job results by supporting and coaching employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Attend bi monthly meetings with the operations director, managing director and branch managers. Set weekly briefing meetings with the sales team and act upon or feedback information where required.
- Maximising sales through analysis of existing customer data and identifying products currently not purchased.
The successful candidate will have experience managing an external sales team and will have experience working within the construction supplies sector. You will need to motivate and mentor your team to successfully hit targets. Additionally, you will need to be able to show a proven track record of creating and growing sales in new and untapped markets in addition to being able to grow sales within the existing customer base.
In exchange, the successful candidate can expect the following benefits:
- A basic salary of up to c£55k depending on experience
- Company Bonus
- Executive Company Car
- Additional Company Benefits
If you have the requested experience and would like to meet with our client to discuss this opportunity, please apply now!