Strategic Sales Manager
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Sales Manager to join the team based in the Tower Hill area, London. The successful candidate will join them on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of circa £60,000 per annum plus excellent benefits (commission & car allowance).
Our client is the pioneering data centre colocation provider established in 1989. It is an owner operator of global data centres, connectivity and managed ICT solutions to over 3000 corporations around the world. Our client is the data centre subsidiary of Japanese corporation KDDI, a leading Japanese mobile and fixed-line telecommunications and ICT solution provider with 106 offices in 28 countries around the world and a Global Fortune company. They’ve pioneered the way through their industry and have exciting plans for growth.
About the Strategic Sales Manager role
You will be responsible for persistently exploring and uncovering the business needs of existing strategic customers and prospects and understand how their product offerings can grow their business. You will also be capable of achieving profitable new business sales from prospective strategic customers to meet the company’s strategic sales target.
Key duties of their Strategic Sales Manager will include
- Create sales opportunities from existing strategic customer base and from new strategic sales customers
- Work collaboratively with New Business, Account Management and Cross Sales teams with retaining and winning opportunities
- Develop customer profiles of identified prospective strategic customers
- Develop and build on existing strategic customer relationships
- Lead execution of overall go-to-market strategy involving business growth accountability, customers, marketing and demand generation plans.
- Develop a deep understanding of strategic customers’ requirements on a business level and engage effectively with C-suite level business decision makers to deliver on these requirements.
- Execute agreed strategic sales strategies for attracting new business leveraging cross-sell and upsell opportunities.
- Manage and develop strategic sales pipeline.
- Ad hoc reporting requirements
- Negotiate and build deep relationships with strategic prospects to uncover their potential
- Be responsible for developing own portfolio of prospects with personal sales target
- Effectively liaise with internal stakeholders
- Keep abreast of company products and industry developments.
What they’re looking for in their Strategic Sales Manager
You will have at least 5+ years’ experience as a Senior Sales Manager in a technology-based solutions selling role. They will also expect you to be highly competent in engaging, building and sustaining relationships with strategic customers. You will also need to have a proven track record of delivering ambitious strategic revenue targets through customer growth and acquisition, able to demonstrate collaboration with Sales colleagues to retain and win opportunities, develop effective Sales strategies for new and existing markets and be technically competent in internet, communications and data centre services.
With this background, you’ll also possess strong commercial acumen, be excellent at communication and relationship building (both internally and externally), an ideas generator, self-motivated and tenacious, possess strong influencing and analytical skills and be resilient.
This role is a unique opportunity for a talented individual who is able to build trust, act with integrity and be relied upon to make a difference by adding value to the business. If you want to be part of an exciting new chapter in our client’s journey and be in the heart of the UK’s Internet and Telecommunications infrastructure, this is your opportunity to join their team and create a lasting legacy.
So if you would like to join their team as their new Strategic Sales Manager then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, they’d love to hear from you!
They’re looking forward to receiving your application - please note their deadline is Friday, 24th February 2017.