Recruiting a Part Qualified Accountant to work as a Business Advisor at a Global Accounting firm in Manchester
A Business Advisor role will work competently and independently to support a team in the timely delivery of our services. You will be responsible for preparing accounts from source records under supervision accounts (management accounts and statutory accounts), for a variety of client including limited companies, medical practices, trusts and charities. You will also have a good working knowledge of wider financial matters such as the preparation of VAT returns, tax computations, financial disclosure checklists for a variety of clients and may specialise in a particular sector e.g. medical or education.
As part of this role you will also be expected to interpret financial data, present ideas and make recommendations to clients as well as identify business opportunities and develop the ability to introduce other services to our client base.
You will also have responsibility for training and providing support and guidance to more junior staff when necessary.
- Maintain records for our clients using various accounting software packages including Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks
- Process transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis as required to complete monthly reporting processes.
- Prepare VAT returns
- Prepare tax computations
- Undertake financial close procedures e.g. reconciliation of inter-company balances, ledgers, preparation of journals and schedules and prepare monthly management accounts for review
- Using Caseware produce statutory accounts for review for a variety of clients including those reporting under UK GAAP and IFRS
- Perform pentana checker and have a detailed understanding of the disclosures required
- Prepare year end accounting files ready for audit either by internal or external auditors.
- Ability to interpret financial data, proactively present ideas and make recommendations to clients
- Work as part of a team to provide rounded accounting assistance and ensure clients are provided with excellent service.
- Ability to identify opportunities for other BS&A services
- Ability to identify possibilities for other company Services and liaise with manager/relevant departments
- Visit client sites when necessary
- Asks questions to check understanding, avoids assumptions and delivers to expectations
- Proactively seeks knowledge and skills relevant to the role and client needs
- Updates manager regularly with progress reports and delivers work accurately and promptly
- Efficiently delivers service in order to ensure best value for the client whilst maintaining quality
- Has an up to date LinkedIn profile
- Actively develops a network of professional contacts and attends relevant events
- Well organised and planned
- Committed to delivering what is requested and informs superiors of any issues at a early stage
- Has strong time keeping discipline
- Listens to and acts on the advice of others
- Works well in a team
- Proactive in managing own learning and development and knowledge sharing with the team
- Is able to prioritise and manage tasks set
- Is open to feedback from others
- Supports junior members of the team as appropriate
- AAT qualified or equivalent
- Studying ACCA or equivalent experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Knowledge of accounting packages (Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks) and caseware
Your new company
Our client is an award-winning, professional services firm as part of the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. They specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Their strength in the market place is mirrored in their achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of their recent accolades. Their people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with their clients is at the forefront of their service approach and you'll find that our client is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.