Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer required!!
The company have a long history is designing and manufacturing award winning yachts and are looking to recruit a full time Mechanical Engineer to join their Design and Engineering team in Oundle near Peterborough.
The role will support all engineering activity on New Product Introduction, Custom Yacht division, facelifts, as part of the long range development plan and support for current models.
Key Elements of the Role
The role encompasses
- Function all mechanical engineering tasks, in order to deliver New Product Introduction, custom requests, facelift programmes and production support and other special projects within Fairline Yachts.
- Liaise with our Engineering partners in Holland and our production teams to ensure fit for purpose solutions on new models.
- Assist in delivering solutions from the requests made through the Custom Yacht Division.
- Support our Production team with any day to day issues.
- Produce drawings and specification documents to allow quotation, purchase and manufacture of components.
- Liaise with both the internal purchasing team, external suppliers, and the production teams within the business.
- Engagement with DFMA activities to optimise implementation in production
- Control of component cost through active cost reduction.
- Testing and proving of new product both in factory and at sea.
- Preparing of test reports.
- Supplier meetings and visits.
- Attend relevant boat and trade shows.
- Some foreign travel may be required.
The majority of this work will be carried out on Solid Works 3D CAD software.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate
- Previous experience of marine engineering design, preferably in the pleasure boating sector, with a good working knowledge of current design and manufacturing processes.
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV to Tom Ellis quoting the reference number BOATDES98678