Due to continued growth an opportunity has arisen for a sharp and energetic individual to deliver new product designs for the Clients global portfolio - the UK's largest contract seating manufacturer based in Dudley. The successful candidate will be a highly effective design manager with proven organizational skills, who will need to demonstrate that they have the confidence to communicate across all levels of the organization, as well as with external designers and suppliers.
It is not necessary for the individual to come from a furniture background, but it is critical that they have engineering experience across a broad array of materials and the ability to cope with a varied workload in a highly pressurized environment.
Excellent CAD skills are essential. A good knowledge of Microsoft Project and Indesign or an equivalent DTP package would be an advantage.
- Promoting the Clients brand within the design community, with the aim of positioning our company as an attractive partner for designers with ideas for future product development opportunities.
- Researching emerging trends and competitors' products, with the aim of establishing new product specifications, features, benefits, price points and presentation styles.
- Negotiating royalty contracts with designers in order to secure the best possible commercial terms
- Managing between three and five NPD projects concurrently, working with a network of UK-based and international freelance designers and engineers.
- Developing components and assemblies with an international network of suppliers across a broad array of materials, including: injection and rotationally-moulded plastics, pressure-die-cast aluminium and steel, moulded polyurethane foams, steel fabrications, press-formed plywood and hardwood frames.
- Ensuring that all products and their component parts exceed the requirements of our industry's international standards for strength, stability, durability and fire resistance, whilst keeping track of the financial impact of every decision on the unit prices and overall BOM.
- Keeping project plans and project files up to date, ensuring that project deliverables are met in time for progress meetings.
- Working in conjunction with the company's Procurement Manager to negotiate purchasing contracts with component suppliers to secure the best possible commercial terms.
- Working in conjunction with the company's marketing department to supply a comprehensive product pack containing all information required by the sales team.
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV and Covering Letter to Tom Ellis - quoting the reference number DESMAN7486546