Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Assistant Quantity Surveyor – Principal Contractor
A vibrant Principal Contractor is seeking an ambitious Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their expanding Manchester based office.
Whilst assisting Chartered Quantity Surveyors on several high scaled and exciting projects across the North West, the successful Assistant QS will continue, or begin their APC Diary with the expectation of achieving MRICS.
The successful Assistant Quantity Surveyor will be exposed to a variety of projects including: Education, Healthcare, Leisure, and Commercial.
If you're an Assistant Quantity Surveyor aspiring to MRICS and a greater exposure in an expanding contracting business, this opportunity must not be missed!
The successful Assistant Quantity Surveyor will be supporting Senior Quantity Surveyors to provide a full service to a wide range of clients, including:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have good measurement and pricing knowledge for estimating purposes.
- Prepare and agree Main Contract and Sub-Contract monthly valuations.
- Administer the Main Contract and Sub-Contract Terms and Conditions.
- Management of all Main Contract and Sub-Contract variations.
- Management of Main Contract and Sub-Contract final accounts.
- Maintain accurate commercial records for onsite activities.
- Prepare and issue Main Contract and Sub-Contract correspondence.
- Completion of monthly project Profit and Loss financial reporting for Board Report.
- Report directly to Commercial Manager.
- Claims support work in accordance with the Main Contract and Sub-Contract.
- Work closely with the Project Team to deliver successful projects.
The successful Assistant Quantity Surveyor will have:
- RICS accredited degree is ideal
- Minimum 15 months’ experience
- Started or seeking to start your APC Diary
- Ambitious, seeking to achieve MRIC
This is an opportunity to work on high value, high specification commercial projects alongside MRICS Senior Quantity Surveyors.
- Circa £25,000
- APC training and support
- Career progression
- Project exposure