Company Fusion Limited is working with one of the UK's top dealers for prestige cars including Aston Martin, Bentley, Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati and Rolls-Royce. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Group Accountant to join their busy team in North Acton, London.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary paying between £50,000 to £55,000 per annum
- OTE paying up to £60.000 per annum
- Car Allowance £450 per month
- Working Days/Hours: Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm
Group Accountant - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee & manage the finance function for the group.
- Prepare the monthly management accounts, review with dealership management and submit to Group within the agreed timetables.
- Assist in the preparation of the weekly profit forecasts, review with dealership management and submit to Group within the agreed timetables.
- Complete and submit composite data for manufacturers as required in line with their input deadlines.
- Reconcile the bank account on a daily basis. Set up or authorise bank payments as necessary.
- Produce and distribute daily aftersales DOC.
- Reconcile and review all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Process and manage all aspects of the divisional payroll function.
- Prepare the VAT return.
- Assist the management team in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Carry out physical vehicle stock checks on a quarterly basis and reconcile to control accounts.
- Supervise the purchase ledger, cashier and credit control roles within the accounts department to include the management and appraisal of staff.
- Review the purchase ledger reconciliations and payment runs and also review the ledger monthly for unauthorised invoices, payments on account and debit balances.
- Review sales ledger reconciliations, bad debt provision, and payment on account.
- Attend management meetings as required. Such meetings could be at any location within the Group
- Prepare full and half year accounts packs for submission to Group and deal with audit visits and queries from the Group Auditors.
- Organise and lead credit control meetings on a monthly basis or more frequently if required.
- Download and post warranty credit notes.
- Process direct credits and debits from manufacturers.
- Maintain the fixed asset register.
- Maintain the accrual module on Autoline and process accruals monthly.
- Monitor daily exception reports from the Autoline system and deal with issues as they arise.
- Monitor the working capital and assist the management team in the day to day management of cash debt, vehicle debt, fully paid stock, warranty debt etc.
- Endeavour to resolve customer or supplier queries in a courteous and efficient manner.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- You will ideally have an Accountancy qualification ACCA, ACA, ICAEW, CIMA, ACMA etc
- You will have prior "Group Accounts" experience
- Experienced preparing Management accounts and assisting in making budgeting decisions
- Prior experience in the automotive industry preferable within a prestige cars environment
- Strong basic accountancy & report writing skills
- Strong organisation and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills when dealing with internal and external customers