Robert Half Financial Services are recruiting for a qualified Financial Accountant to join a large International Bank based in the City of London.
To be considered for this opportunity you must be qualified and be fluent in Italian.
About the role
Working in a team of 3 in the Financial Reporting & Control team in London, you will also be responsible for overseeing the accounts as well as monthly/annual returns for our Italian branch. These returns in Italy are produced and processed externally but it is very important for this person to be able to liaise with the outsourced providers effectively and oversee their work.
Duties also include;
- Reporting to local supervisory and tax authorities is considered a key part of the role.
- Reporting to tax authorities is considered a key part of the role.
- Primary person responsible for Journal Processing - Auditing and updating journals analysing entries in GL Expense codes.
- Further development and maintenance of the Chart of Accounts - Classifying accounts and defining where the accounts should be placed in the hierarchy system.
- Responsible for month end processes - looking at all accruals prepayments and monthly account reconciliation.
- Responsible for monthly processing of the Bank's invoices - maintenance of all payment made on behalf of the bank ensuring these costs have been retrieved.
- Responsible for preparing subsidiary annual accounts.
- Ownership of Fixed Asset register - Maintaining all assets ensuring the register reflects what The Bank has or acquire in assets.
- Responsible for VAT process and submission of VAT return.
- Support the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting & Control in preparing the annual statutory Accounts.
About the firm
This international bank was established 80 years ago and employs over 200 across five continents. They offer personal and private banking services, advisory investment management and corporate services in support of commerce and trade.
Package on offer
The package on offer for this Italian speaking Financial Accountant role for an International Bank is 50-55k plus 10% bonus
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.